Since Instagram launched in 2010, it has been a huge success story. More than 600 million users have been brought together with the help of this photo and video sharing app. Around 70 million photos are shared in a day with this app. People often use other tools such as Instagram photo downloader to save photos from this platform. A great number of people also concerned about their account’s privacy. Just like other social media networks, default settings of Instagram make your profile and data visible to everyone. You need to remember that once your data or image is online, it could never be deleted or hidden – it is live forever.
However, don’t freak out – to avoid the possible threats you can make your Instagram private. You can restrict unwanted or unknown people away from your account. You can do this by following easy steps; let’s move on to the steps.
How can you make your Instagram account private on an iPhone?
Follow these easy steps;
· Open the Instagram app.
· Tap on the icon to access your PROFILE (it looks like the head and shoulders of a person).
· At the top right of the screen, tap on the three lines and then click on the icon of Settings (it looks like a gear).
· Click on Privacy and Security > Account Privacy and then enable the Private Account setting.
How can you make your Instagram account private on a Windows phone?
· Click on the icon to access your PROFILE (it looks like the head and shoulders of a person).
· Click on the icon of Settings (it looks like a gear).
· Tap on the Private Account setting.
How can you make your Instagram account private on an Android phone?
· Open the Instagram app.
· Click on the icon to access the PROFILE (it looks like the head and shoulders of a person).
· Hit the icon of Settings (it looks like three vertical dots).
· Enable Private Account settings.
Once you successfully set your account to private, nobody will see your posts except the ones who are already in your friend's list.
Other ways to stay private on Instagram
· By adding a limited amount of personal information in your profile, you can save your privacy. Don’t use your real name if you don’t want to expose your identity.
· Tap on the Profile icon again and click on Edit Your Profile, to make a few changes to your profile.
· You can make changes into your Name, Username, Website, and Bio.
· You can even block someone who follows you without even knowing. To do this, you need to tap the username and open their profile, tap the three horizontal dots icon, and click Block User.
Other Ways to make your Instagram posts private
You must remember that if you have made your Instagram posts private on the app, and if you share them on any other social media, then it is obvious that they will be visible to all users. However, it also depends on the privacy settings you have made.
Nothing is impossible in this world because I believe that every problem comes with a number of solutions. So, in any trouble, don’t get upset and try to find the possible solutions. Social media usage is spread all over the world, and risks related to it also has potential way outs.